Mary Bookwalter's Retrospective exhibit




These are the piece that I was attracted to the most.  Along with the house and Chair... 





I carry a small little book/daily jots I put in it...always got a pen too. I walked through the exhibit and looked at each of these piece closely and with an open heart...Wow, they spoke to me and I did the sketches of the line work and little images that attracted me about her work that you can only see close up. 

I had to call and make an appointment but this artist date was very specials, and Mary is not in the best of health and is very sick so see a body of her work is really an honor.  I will remember this experience with great compassion for those she touched and encouraged as she taught with passion to her students and friends.
 


I went through after doing my sketches took some pictures (with permission) of the ones that spoke to me the loudest and there are more to see. Here is a slideshow I put together to share.  


              

Comments

Popular Posts