Inner Compass, Winter Wisdom

 


Embrace the White
8 x 8 Collage on Wood panel (sold) 

I post this piece up on the blog because this was what I shared for my up and coming Class at Darien Park District that now I'm sadly having to say is not happening. The class was to be a combination of gathering of women, spirituality, discussion topics and creativity.  Yes all in 8 weeks each Monday afternoon. The moving through season and cycles. 

For whatever reason the class didn't go, I could pine about why but I will not and use this time for reflection Winters wisdom any ways and share it in post form. What is so wild is it's not white outside my windows here in Illinois which might make the full effect a bit off.  Though the emotional side of it may still be the same.  

I will share this, About the aspect of what an inner compass is in my personal realm. 

Our guts are the inner compass and taking the winter time to gather the wisdom of reconnecting with the intuitive nature is still available. A compass never give answers nor a detailed road map, but it will help you set your course.   

The North direction on the compass, our mental state, elderhood, wisdom, earth element, spirit animal-Bison in some areas,  and all the energy this encompasses. Winters Wisdom in Her White Womb. 

  • White of Winter
  • Age and Elders, ancestors, gathering wisdom 
  • Stillness and small signs
  • Mental-Coming in and doing some inner work
  • Contemplative Times- endurance, confidence and courage to continue to show up for yourselves
  • Resilience 

Disclaimer:

I am of strong East European descent with a connection to the earth and nature. The spiritual work of our inner being is one of the individual persons.  A lifetime of seeking to continue to connect to what is true has led myself on a learning path in great respect for all. There is no claim of being a decent from a Native American tribe. The natural ways of the Medicine Wheel are gentle and all-encompassing for growth of our spiritual self.  I share this because I'm only sharing gifts pass through me from working through my own life's experience and listening and learning from all those that gather in the circle. A student of life is a great grounded place to be as our teacher are everywhere.  Any trail that leads you to look within is always going to lead you through a journey of self-discovery on so many levels.  No one says it going to be easy or without pain, but the reality is we become who we are meant to be as we heal our own wounds for service of others in our life.   Keep showing up, you are worth it! 


Comments

Popular Posts