Setting myself Up


Come the end of March I will need some new work for a Gallery in Wisconsin, Woodwalk Gallery in Egg Harbor.  So I have a few months to work on that and I would like to make a whole new series.  I've worked in a series before with just using the same papers but not as a subject matter like the Brown Bags.  I have a little daily journal I carry with me and if I play around with an ideas I usually start here in this daily journal. This morning I set myself up for this challenge so to say with some perimeters of the series. 
  • Brown bags with handles
  • open with gesso texture
  • ragged edges
  • mounted on wood panels 
  • with a continued circle and symbol theme...I think
  • I want to try to stay to earthly colors but I already know it won't happen but maybe a color study could. 
  • Image transfers 
  • More inspiration from Inner Compass Cards
  • Using meaning behind words to inspire what we fill up on, like what is put in the bags. 
  • Purchased small bag of different colors not shinny and hoping to sand them to add some character to them. 

This ideas has been floating around and I need to bring it down to earth here and start grounding it. So between other activities yesterday I torn them open and add the gesso and some marks with textures. This has to dry before the next stage.  I found some smaller gift bags then the grocery bags...the are now using the paper handles at our local Whole Foods and I like the twisted papers handles...picky right? 

What I personal didn't like what the length of the handle to the size of the bag and where I plan on mounting it to the wood panel for these.  So I work the back adherent area and move the handle in a bit more and cut off the extra and re-glued it.  Now I like the length if it. 

This is a 12 x 12 wood panel and I will paint the back ground and glaze it before I mount the collage bag to the surface.  Many steps that I truly enjoy. 



 


Here's another nudge and risk taker...Idea, inspiration and challenge in many ways.  I have the online course of this already up and open for anyone that would like to take it.. Sunday January 18th at 11am Central Time I will invite all the students for a hour long Zoom to see how everyone is doing and answer any questions and then I would like to set up two more times on Sunday in February 13th and 27th to gather together giving us time to create our pieces in between. 

The course is chalk full of information and process video's and much more 
for $75 with discount brings it to only $60. 
The Promotional Code for 20% off is BROWNBAG2022 

More sketches 


Working the long vertical format and the bottom of the bag with the folds as a division in the presentation.  Still no sure what will be on there but the door stay open on all that.  I'm document the process of it all. Which some may not unless the know exactly where it would be going afraid of the whole idea bombing or changing direction.  
And what I say to that is, "this is process work that I do truly love." 


Comments

  1. Enjoying your many process steps of brown bag series.
    Working in a series teaches me how to push myself into new ways of seeing.
    Looking forward to the new year and new inspiration.
    My Word is STILLNESS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's a powerful word. I picked up some very small colored paper bags that I'm planning on sanding to see the character come out. and wait for the inspiration from that by responding to them.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for support, interest and viewing my inner life with my outer life on this Blog. Wishing you many creative blessings and peace to you and yours,
~v~Laura

Popular Posts