Composition and Collage, Day's 1,2


I have two students at this time and this is a local 4 day workshop.  They are loving this up,  I'm hearing many satisfying comments and just a child's enjoyment from them.  Using tools, spreading, sanding and making marks.  The surfaces of the papers are no longer what they came in like. 



Periodically I'm bring the workshop up with the small exercise collage in steps so they can see what their doing as they are making the papers too.  



Sanding magazine and adding color to them is a hoot!! I'm just like a little kid too when I create papers like this.  Then add color to them and you have excitement welling up in you...it's hard to describe. 






Papers everywhere...we are using the space we have to the limit's and enjoying it too.  Space when creating is so very important to the studio's...that's why I always check with the facility to see what space they have so we can work well and have that room to move and not feel crowded. 


did I say this already...I love making this big sheets of paper too.  So many areas of collage possibility. 

As a way to start the view finder we made and then went hunting the magazines for something that catches our eyes in the way of design. This was one for me.  


Then I gave it a few tries and came up with this composition which will still evolve as I work on it with the different papers I've made.  I can also rotate it and see a horizontal composition too. 

Always be willing to adjust, evolve and change things...letting go is a tough cookie but it's a life thing and used in art too in so many different ways. 





Large section of the brown bag paper...I love to layer them up.  Today we will doing some stamping, stenciling and splattering to the piece before we give it the final coat. 
More to come~ 

 

Comments

Popular Posts