Press Pause


 This morning I was surprised with a sale....as I share many times this happens when you least expect it.  And I respond with Thank you...A bit a Grace just flew by. Off to another Laura on the East side of states.  This piece was a life process piece...as it help me process through and I'm deeply connected to it. 

#021020-TDT, "Press Pause” 12 x 12 Collage on Wood Panel, Ready to hang on your wall.

 Materials Used: Wood panel, Gloss medium, Nevr Dull magazine paper, sanded magazine paper, acrylic paints, Image transfer of Ukrainian words, Image transfer silhouette of a woman in pants suit, waxed book thread sewn through wood panel, wax crayons used for line energy.  glazing with acrylic, sealed with a layer of UV satin varnished.

 Meaning behind the art: As in many of our lives we are smacked hard with a sudden moment of loss, grief and or death. Are we every prepared for it?  I know my heart would want to hit the pause button, and fast so that I don’t have to really feel what is happening. Love comes in many forms and if you’re in one of these moments, mending our hurt hearts is never a straight shot. The need to press the pause button in our lives so that we can feel means it’s real, our love that is…allow the mending to take whatever path it needs; we will be better for it.

Comments

Popular Posts