Grabbed my Hiking stick


The need to be at the waters edge, and any at that pulled me to Argonne National Lab, Waterfall Glen's Forest Preserve.  When four kido's  started to be in school all day I would spend my days here...Come out and hike...wander find a path and see were it took me...One time I saw a huge bee hive hanging from a tree, just dripping honey.  This is before the bees started having issue with life and surviving. 

The lots and sides of the roads were so packed with vehicle that it was scary with the amount of people in this place.  I continued and found a place to park the van and took the path least traveled and headed out.  I had my ear phones in to listen to native american music and some drumming while I hiked.  The sounds of people was carried a long way.  

Once I got out there and started, a calming feeling of being home the place I know...not really know I'm cautious of the danger in the woods, that's why I brought my hiking stick.  I was taking myself out on a Date...me alone.  Walking or Hiking what ever it really is I was there.  Stopping every once in a while to see...to hear and be. 

By the time I came to the place where I knew there would be water flowing...more people were there so aware of distance I stay back till clear...then stood there as you see my shadow above.   Watched the flow of the water and the small school of small fish swimming, circling and darting off when scared by a shadow or the sound of the bicycles going over the wooden bridge.  

I continued on to walk...found the path, service roads that others were not on...I did want to get to Waterfall Glen but by the time I did it sounded like a Frat Party....Walking down to the south side of it I could see I didn't want to get any closer...so many people...young ones walking the ledge of the waterfall, people with the dogs letting them swim all over.  I understand there  isn't place to go that are open for us people to do things and nature here is taking a beating...from us.  As I walked some thin paths off the service road I seen leftover trash tossed....I had wanted to pick it up but I didn't...How much am I like them?   Though I was frightens about the Covid virus.   When I'm walking my neighborhood I will carry an extra bag sometime and pick up the trash left to show we are not responsible beings....I was a bit mad at what I saw.   My experience out there was wonderful but had a slice of distaste for us as human's.  This is nothing new I now we have always been doing it.  

Well, by the time I got into the van...it had been two hours that I was walking and moving out in the woods.   Hot, sweaty, thirsty and ready to leave....grateful I did the walk..paying for it today though...Some yoga is called for to stretch the muscles in a good way... 
 

Comments

Popular Posts