Received an email from American Art Collector

Trying not to feed into personal pressures yesterday ( felt coyote shadowing me all day) I took the morning and mid day off and spent it watching the Movie "Who does she think she is?" with a few other women artist...Oh it's been stirring up hidden and unsettled emotions that will need some taming down and acceptance... but it was a good time to take a break and be with other women artists and hear what they are doing. We all met at the LaGrange Art League in the back room..Kind of funny as also awkward but all good, we had the lights turned down low and our bag lunches out and munching away... everyone thought it was good. It's not a movie really but a documentary of these few woman and being mothers and artists and how they balance there lives and how society has been about this type of opportunity or not for most woman artists. So we finished and all headed in our different directions. Mine was home and to check my emails and make some phone calls...needed to check on the workshop opportunity I could do in Oct...? Well while I was checking my emails I received one saying that I was accepted for this book... wow I do have to pay them a fee to be in it but it's not like an really crazy fee... and then I receive some postcards of my work too. The book is out for the gallery people etc to see. The Book is called American Art Collector I was flabbergasted by this. I went up starts to work on the last piece in my series which has had some trouble spots but I think I worked thought it. Well I'm hoping to get my act together to send out another eblast with the late spring and summer stuff happening... but I have to admit every time I go to the computer I feel like I'm in class again especially when the companies keeps adding new stuff and better stuff to use... Just when I was getting it...they up and change it... frustrating but need to keep plugging forward.

Comments

  1. Pretty exciting book to be in. Take a marketing chance? Opportunities? Stirring up the brain again with movies I see. Hope to watch it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! You have some amazing things happening, yippee!
    I have seen that movie too and also enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! Exciting time Laura! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for support, interest and viewing my inner life with my outer life on this Blog. Wishing you many creative blessings and peace to you and yours,
~v~Laura

Popular Posts