Intuitive Trust
I had to share the comment from the Judge at LaGrange Art League exhibit called, "Stories We Carry."
These horses I create from a simple shapes less detail, which I believe allows the imagination to wander.
This piece is 24 x 24 instead of the 8 x 8's Tack Down Tuesday size I make, taking many more hours. They all started off the idea of just three legs instead of four. But as I explore this series again after many years, the horse image changed. I brought in the fourth leg.
Spirit Horse at Low Tide. 8 x 8 collage on watercolor paper.
Little did I know that I was creating a horse image close to the Scandinavian horses seen in the traditional Swedish style. Called a Dala. I just want to create something that I could explore simply again and again with different backgrounds and collage papers.
This happened September 11th Friday Night, I took a placement award of 2nd place for Intuitive Trust.
Why I gave it that title is after creating for many years in the medium of collage it becomes about what I the artist personally want to create and you trust that letting go of making the art for others will not crush the creative spirit if it's not accepted....it shouldn't matter right but it does. One becomes tired of creating work that "would sell or that looks like everyone else's. The creating now is about what is wanting to come out and be present. I work well in a series and this was a series I wanted to revisit and happy that I did. I was even able to add the house theme in which is also a symbol I use in my work.
Hope you can visit the exhibit, LaGrange Art League 122 Calendar Ave, LaGrange IL







Comments
Post a Comment
Thank you for support, interest and viewing my inner life with my outer life on this Blog. Wishing you many creative blessings and peace to you and yours,
~v~Laura