Next in a series, Safari Animals

Understanding the way we first see and continue to see is with contrast. So for our grandson that will be born soon, I am making a Safari animals for the bedroom.  The ideas just fell into place to use the dictionary pages, sew them together and whiten up the back ground and then what if it was a bit puffy.   Well something I've not done with my Collage works...off I went to take a risk and see what happens. 


I decided to cut it out the stencil was crated and I printed it on the dictionary pages. Sewed around the outside and cut it so I could work on the placement of the wonderful striped creature. 


Coating the back of the Zebra and the top with the unwaxed deli sheets in between was a experiment.  It worked and off I went to continue the background. Blending the piece is might have been something I would do by using paint or other papers but the object is to keep the animal shape and give it the contrast it needs to be seen by a baby. 

 

The wood panel is 12 x 12 and about 1 inch thick, nice light board to hang and work with now. 

Close up 1, 

Close up 2, 

Zebrawood, 
12 x 12 collage on wood panel. 
I'm happy with how it turned out and now the hard work, challenging part is to make three more and have them be similar in presentation like the puffy Zebra here.  I need to order two more boards. 




Comments

  1. Anonymous11:12 AM

    Love the idea for this series and the special recipient. I would love to see a giraffe! Not to play "art director" but maybe one panel is 26 Hx 12 (giraffe) so you can get his whole body. And then another 12 x 12 for the next animal. Looking forward to seeing this series. A baby's room (especially your grandchild) is such an inspired muse. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:13 AM

    above says "anoymous" - but not intentionally - it's me, Cherylyn

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for support, interest and viewing my inner life with my outer life on this Blog. Wishing you many creative blessings and peace to you and yours,
~v~Laura

Popular Posts