Breaking some rules


This is Number 20 in a series of little collages, 2" x 5.5" that I've been working on.  Grateful there is no deadline on this as they're are some gaps in the creative flow.  This morning with the Rain in northern Illinois I here the droplets as a call to come create.  I did some yoga and good body stretches because Gracie and I voted not to walk in the rain. Let me tell you it's much needed the movement of stretches that is.  Not spring back as fast as I use to.  Any ways about this little collage, #20 I realizes after I completed it there was no paperclip with fibers hanging out.  I was bit shocked, "what next," I asked myself.   Nothing, just let the downy woodpecker feather be the parts that hang out and you can do that, you don't have to set up each one with a paperclip.  Though that was the guidelines I set for myself.  But this morning I needed to step away from it.  So when they say, "Artist's like to break the rules," this might be what their talking about.  We can change it up at any time and let it be the one that sticks out from the others...or not.  

Stencil, Crosses had to make me one of those sheets a while back and sure glad I did...they are not perfect and that's is something I'm quiet OK with.  The rawness if the imperfection is what give the piece character and show's it was handmade. 

 

Comments

Popular Posts