The little series continues


It was raining yesterday morning and that always sparks the creative ideas.  Use your time wisely and create something.  I had the blue star one completed and now the red circled one and the yellow orange too.  I'm at #18 now and the little box is getting full.  I my make it to 25 without crushing them.  I didn't set a precise limit because I really could for see how many would fit.  I had a number of 30, as that is what my creative art buddies are doing but I'm going to have let the piece tell me.  

I have ideas and not sure how they will turn out,  seems like a trust walk all over the place these days even in the creative arena.  Trusting in the right objects will appear for the assemblage I would like to make with the box part and these little collage diddy's.  

There like a play with design and limits.  
  • Size 2 x 5.5 140lb watercolor paper with torn edges
  • A circle or few with cut line in the middle 
  • A paperclip with fibers hang out some with beads some now. 
  • they have to fit in the box.  
  • Assembled with other object to make a standing sculpture. 
This is the assignment so to say.  Have these perimeters to work with is a challenge that is kind of exciting I really don't know where this will go and how it will turn out.  This is where I just keep showing up and creating the little diddy's.   

You will never know what can happen until you have the piece right in front of you and then the next step can be taken.  Oh I'm sure you can steer the creative ideas any way you would like but this is the part that is exciting the uncertainty of the creative process.  

I'm calling it "One theme assemblage," for now but maybe it should be "more get revealed."  

Whichever way it goes, I'm using up my scrapes of coated collage papers and whatever mixed media fits the design that day while sticking to the list above.  What I'm learning so far is you can't judge the piece solely on themselves at this point you have to way to see how it's growing in the ideas that was set out for it...make adjustments and trust. 

Comments

Popular Posts