Filled the well yesterday and today


I was invited to come to the Open at Mayslake Peabody Estate Last night to see some wonderful landscapes by Joel Sheesley  There all beautiful pieces but this one above was moody and I like the feeling of it.  
Of course in the church that is connected to the main building there are the stained glass windows that I've falling in love with.  Had to take a picture of one of them. 

I didn't know to many people and as you can see it was still light out at around 7:15 and I decided to walk the grounds.  I heard a Great Horned Owl some trees over so it was enjoyable to walk by myself. 




 





Today I took the risk to drop off this piece of work at Norris Gallery.  I've not exhibited with them in sometime. I will know by Sept 11 if this piece was accepted in the Vicinity 2023 exhibit.  I took my MIL with me just to get her out of the house to do something different.  After I dropped it I asked her how she was feeling and when to a gallery that was just down the road a bit-The Fine Line Gallery, in St. Charles. We made it there and saw the exhibit. 



Doug Dewitt is the artist, Cool found object art work.  It was great for my MIL to see because of the simple shapes of things and the contrast of them she could make out the item of them that way.  She has very low vision and consider legal blind. She surprises me some time what she can see.  
Well after stopping into the gift shop she had to sit down it was a lot for her. After she recouped some energy we head home and I picked up some late lunch early dinner from our local Patio Restaurant.  It was a good day all the way around.  



In the gift shop I stumble upon this quote on a poster I can really relate to this. 





 

Comments

Popular Posts