Cool Morning and Veggies



It's amazing what the morning pages can do steer you to. Gratitude of having my husband home and tending to little needs of his mother allows less disruptions of a long morning session of spiritual contemplation.  
Question can one be happy as a elder caregiver?  
What about integrity? is the quality of being honest and having strong moral principles; moral uprightness.  If you want integrity in your life you must express it yourself. There will be opportunities to translate the words into action. A thought for self, instead of losing myself in my reactions, it has been given me a tool to come home to myself-by showing me how to place principles above personalities. 

Here's another thing I'm spiritually contemplating this morning...way to much I know...Happiness is an inside job.  Like most things that present to a healthy self.  Achieving this goal much more often if I made a firmer commitment to my decision to be happy. Instead I choose happiness and then abandon my choice at the first sign of trouble.  How deep can my commitment be if I allow even slight obstacles to rob me of my sense of well-being?  

Commitment takes work; it is a discipline. When I make a decision, I must ask myself what I really want and if I am willing to work for it.  Old habits are hard to break. If I have a long standing habit of responding to problems by feeling like a helpless victim, it may not be easy to stand by my decision to be happy.  

I would so like to be happy which I know is a swaying in and out of my life but would like to not be a victim of my situation too. 

A stretch but can I look at problems as opportunities to commit more deeply to my choices. Every Obstacle can prompt me to assert that I really mean it- I do want to be happy. 

This quote,  "Our very life depends on everything's Recurring till we answer from within" Robert Frost. 

Much to muse on and spiritually contemplate about where we/I wish to be. 

Now the morning is cool but I'm outside under my little Gazebo.  The pair of Great Horned Owls visited and share a little hoot and the quiet time with myself with pen to paper was a gift...and looking up recipes this morning on using up some veggies for healthy foods...I have someone that will eat them and I've always wanted to bring in more of this kind of food but the husband always frowned upon it...not anymore...coming around somewhat. 

I printed a sweet potato cookie recipe and a cucumber sandwich snack or lunch with tuna or chicken cashews etc.  





 

Comments

Popular Posts