Week of Documenting my Five Senses.
Five senses
stories
April 26th
The smell of fresh Cantaloupe,
The sight of the cherry tree blossoms.
The taste of Lemon orzo chicken soup
The touch of snug material on my skin
The sounds of dog collar when it's time to go
for a walk...
Ok I checked in today about yesterdays
experience.
April 27th
The smell of
fresh grass cut, tingles in back of my head then touches my shoulders and it
flashes a wild sensation down my arms out my hands. The sight of blue jay
jumping round the neighbors ground bird seed area, the white of it feathers
caught my eyes. The smell of cinnamon in a cream spread I make for crackers was
very calming. The touch of my dear Gracie face, telling her she was a good girl
even through she was scared to be in the vets off for her yearly check up. And
lastly the taste of my breakfast, Avocado spread on toast with a soft/hard
boiled cut in slices with salt and pepper. Awareness through out the day...it
was a good day.
April 28th
The touch of a
good hug from a family member sends energy through my whole being. The voice
heard from another family member bring connection. The taste of turkey and
Swiss cheese with Mayo on rye bread awakens an over powering sense of
gratitude. The sight of a well-trimmed beard of my husband lets me know I'm
fortune to be with this person and the smell of the fresh air on my morning
walk remind me I'm living a full life and there is so much to be grateful for
as these are the things, I am aware of in my present day.
April 29th
I sighted the
white curves on the top of the clouds as I hear the red bellied woodpecker
churring away. Walking with Gracie in the morning around the neighborhood the
smell of pancakes was strong as we went passed this one house. It made me
hungry so I when we got back I had my breakfast which wasn't pancakes but I
savored my eggs on rye toast with avocados. And at the beginning of this day
skin to skin is always a great touch stone...
April 30th
Gathered Gracie
and the Husband and went for a long morning walk in the woods, the sound of our
feet on the path was first noticed. And the color of the different shades of
green along the tree line are amazing to witness because within a week there
will be major leaf action. The fresh smells of the new growth in the woods for
sure was smelt with a little undertone of decay. I've been finding myself
touching people more lately on the upper arm especially. (the need for touch
and connection.) I realized this last night at the art reception and other
moments too though out the last few weeks. At the end of the day we treated
ourselves with a few salted chocolate caramels candies from Aldi's.
May 1st
I sat yesterday
in a gathering of people, I was able to look out and see the trees and how the
wind was making them sway. I felt this wind touch my skin through my favorite
black button-down shirt full of paint on the cuffs, it was very comforting. The
laughter in this gathering of people was so connecting and intimate. It hung
with me the rest of the day into late afternoon when I was creating a early
dinner, shrimp, spinach, oyster mushroom, spices, linguine and cashew alfredo
sauce that I had in my pantry dying to use.... oh the taste was heaven...
May 2nd. Seven Days
of awareness in my natural primal ways of the 5 senses.
All day my hands
touched paper, cutting, and tearing it so much so there was an inner ache in
the fingers by the end of the evening. Listening to a list of Florence and the
Machine for hours. No breakfast though the taste of coffee was left in my
mouth. The studio space and substrate were the focus. The smell of fixative
wavered through the studio at the end day. The whole time looking at the
movement of the color, shapes, value and symbolize. Another session is on for
today but with different segments, it was a good day.





Love this. What a great practice to develop!
ReplyDeleteThank you~
Delete