Curating for a Solo Show

 




This is not the easiest thing to do, look at you work you have in storage and select a collection to exhibit.  I'm still not sure which ones will look well together.  Of course they are all created with papers I've made with new surface design and texture from other found papers but there are series of works.  I'm not one to repeat but I will do a series as I shared so when seeing the works all hanging together you can see which one relate and which one don't. 

I thinking about color and the relationship to each other and how they will look side by side even if they don't have the same theme.  

I just called the Center yesterday and they were going to contact me...thinking a like there.  It's that time to start communicating and setting up drop off dates etc.  The body of work I have selected I hope will make a good statement.  The title of the exhibit is, Authenticity with Paper, A Collage Artist's Journey" 

Step by step I'm inching my way into this...I honestly get overwhelmed preparing for this.  Next is the list and need to do some writing and send an image for publicity.  
Rambles but progress is being made and that makes me happy.  

Comments

Popular Posts