I was shocked to see this
What do you do when the piece as labeled and hung wrong and then won Best of Show? The person hanging the show might not have know it was to be hung a certain way...but it was on the wall like the first photo...so go figure?
I'm shocked to see the way it was hung. The piece was marked on the back of the piece for proper hanging. I was also shocked to see that it won best of show...and then the photo below was in the LaGrange Art League Newsletter...
and this was what the judge said....
Be sure and check out the March Member Exhibit, "The Secret Garden." Congrats to LGAL Member Laura Lein Svencner who won Best In Show for her above collage / mixed media entry, "Quarter Sections." The judge noted that she enjoyed the "unique and personal expressions of this exhibit's theme."





Well, when art is good, it’s good! No matter which way it’s hung! Congratulations, Laura!!
ReplyDeleteThanks...blows my mind..
ReplyDeleteHa ha! I like kj’s comment. It’s a wonderful piece no matter how it’s hung….but someone at the LaGrange Art Center isn’t paying attention to their job!
ReplyDelete