A Best of Show- The Secret Garden, LaGrange Art League


#031119-A, "Quarter Sections “ 4 -8 x 8 collages on watercolor paper mounted on 8 x 8 wood panel.

 Materials Used: 140lb. Watercolor paper, gloss medium, acrylics, painted Kraft paper, painted and printed deli sheets with homemade stamps, painted drawing paper, graphite pencil and acrylics glazing, and sealed with a layer of UV satin varnished.

 Meaning behind the art: I had a piece of art that has been stored for over a year and the color grabbed my attention at the bottom of dry rack…where I store my unfinished works. I had used scrap piece with a white glazing instead of a dark brown or black glazing.  Some thing in me ask, how can I do something different…the idea of cutting it in to four section came.  Off I went to get the wood panels and prepare them for the collages to be fused to the surface of the panels. The four section are to be hung together with the space between them.  I will have them marked on the back as to how the are to hang. By asking to do something different it made it exciting  for me today…things can get same old same old in the process of creating so I don’t get bored it’s good to play around… It was one big piece then I cut in up…not an easy task to do but I was excited to do it. 

I'm sharing this with you because I entered this piece of Collage in my local art league and I was informed that I won "Best of Show."  What a wonderful surprise to hear yesterday.  
 

Comments

  1. Congratulations on getting Best of Show! So interesting to see how the white glazing looks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Laura, Yes I don't always use the white glazing but for this piece it seemed to call for it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for support, interest and viewing my inner life with my outer life on this Blog. Wishing you many creative blessings and peace to you and yours,
~v~Laura

Popular Posts