Our Son at his first Powerlift event, Dec 5th 2021

Working out a bit before hand 

Quick Crowd glimpse 


Double tap the arrow if it doesn't work the first time on the video's 

The first of the events is the squat three times you get to do this increasing each time. 


They go through all the rest of the men folk and then start at the beginning again. 


At this point we are very proud of him and what he's been able to accomplish. The next event is bench press and that part we have now there for support but his sister will be coming in the afternoon for the deadlift.  Long day for him.  

What I'm amazed at is the gym smell and the energy that was flying around the gym space.  I have to say I needed a bit more womanly presence.  Not a bad thing but just something I recognized along with another mom there too.  These men and a few women work hard for this and I see that for sure.  
Last video was a National Record maker today. I just found out that the Day before it was all women powerlifters. When I was young I would watch on TV with my Dad the men doing this there was not women then...or I'm sure they were doing it but on shown on TV. 

From my understanding you document weight, age and the weight of the what you are lifting. 
Categories to fit into. 



National Powerlifter today. Met a goal. 



Just had to take a photo of this little darling in service with the Vet. 


We missed the Bench press session but Jake's Sisters came and were able to get some video's for him and us on the Deadlift.  I put a little video together of them all. 
 

Comments

Popular Posts