Treated myself
I treated myself to an online purchase of a documentary of Hilma af Klint.
Amazing woman and artwork. Think there is a place close by me that is having a showing of this in person but I won't be able to make it, schedule doesn't work, but maybe yours will, check it out, Theosophical Society, Wheaton IL I was able to purchase it on my google play. Excited to watch it again too. You've got to see her work Hilma af Klint
I had taught a class a while back at Mayslake Peabody Estate through the DuPage Forest Preserve and it was about a certain time like. I picked the time sections of Frank Lloyd Wright, Kandinsky and Piet Mondrian. The Class study the artist and then create works in their style. it was new for me to teach this way but it turned out to be a great class. What I found out and didn't know about was at this time the world was a bit wonky...something like today and the expression and important of their self-express was to create about spirituality and in it's simple forms. So now what I found out from this Document is that Hilma was creating like this way before them and never sold a painting and keep them to her self. Wow some great works that I really like and for sure can be influenced by.






Comments
Post a Comment
Thank you for support, interest and viewing my inner life with my outer life on this Blog. Wishing you many creative blessings and peace to you and yours,
~v~Laura