The Shape of things


I just mixed a color that I liked and started spreading in on with a spread and then I squirted some white and black, mist of water and pulled out the Saran Wrap.  Making mark with the spreading tool and the mono-printing with the Saran Wrap. 


Cut shapes of a house in three different papers and laid them out in a way that was pleasing to me and worked that Horizonal line. 
Using the little sponge roller I started with white and pushed back the house. Then while the acrylic paint was still wet I used one of my mark making tools and put marks in to the white. Line is seen in so many ways and at some point is becomes texture. 
More print on a piece of corrugated cardboard to make the line straight lines. 


The cluster of the house shapes together with a variety of surfaces adds interest and then repeating what Have present in so many other ways, more line with the cut piece of paper to the triangle shapes in the upper section of the house to the little squares separate from the houses.  A bit of shading and more lines with china pencils which by the way have to be sprayed with a fixative. 



I'm still doing some shadowing with black but most of it is wiped off and just some shading going with more lines.  

 

The Shape of Things
16 x 16 
Collage on watercolor paper 
mounted on Wood Cradle Panel 
Interested in selecting this piece it's 

Comments

  1. Very cool to see the process, Laura! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, by chance I snap photos along the way praying the piece works out

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for support, interest and viewing my inner life with my outer life on this Blog. Wishing you many creative blessings and peace to you and yours,
~v~Laura

Popular Posts