Follow a nudge




 I snuck in an artist date to the west side of Morton Arboretum by the Lake Marmo side again. They took down the Troll house but I walked around and passed by it to the other little lake behind that. Where I walked up to a photographer...quickly our masks when on and we continued.  He shared about the Beaver's that live around that area and was so excited to share where he saw evidence of their activity...about two years ago.   I followed and saw.  Brought back memories of fishing with my father in law up by fish lake in Spooner WI.   The beavers there and how they would slap there tails on the water surface and dive down.  

The hike I would say up and down areas that could be a bit risky as the leave covering on the surface and be a slippery things as the leave move so I was using my hiking stick with confidence and practicing some side ways downward walking.  

Besides meaning the photograph I had to stop and just listen to the quiet and the sounds. So peaceful and beautiful.   What a grounding connection.  I just thinking about living in a place with so much more trees...That would be lovely.  Though I have Five good large Maples in the back and 5 big trees in the front...so I would say I'm surrounded by trees.  The bottom photo was the cypress trees their by the creeks edge...amazing how the root nodules would come up and be round in a funny ball like fashion. not cut but rounded.  Well maybe they were cut at sometime and grow up around where it was cut.  


This is an added little element, Earth from the Mindful magazine...

As you settle in , begin to notice the weight of your body. Here the solidity of your body is the earth element. This element is heavy, it's stable, allow your body to soften and rest deeply into the ground, into the floor. Feeling  the density of the body-all that is solid and dense, this is the earth element. As you feel the stability of the earth within you and around you, you can know that it's connected to all the earth around us-the ground, the trees, the rocks, the mountains, all that is solid and stable. The earth element in you is connected to the earth element all around you. Explore what it feels like to know this connections to the earth. 

Make your own little pocket book about the elements, Four Elements pocket book 

Comments

Popular Posts