PUMPKIN PIE COOKIES (VEGAN, GRAIN-FREE)
KEYWORD: COOKIES, DAIRY FREE, PALEO, PUMPKIN, VEGAN
PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 15 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME: 25 MINUTES
CALORIES: 75 KCAL
AUTHOR: MEGAN GILMORE
Egg- and grain-free these cookies are lightly sweetened with pure maple syrup, and loaded with nutrient-rich pumpkin. The result is a soft cookie with a pumpkin-pie-like center!
· 1 cup creamy almond butter
· 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
· 1/4 cup pure maple syrup (or sweetener of choice)
· 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
· 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
· 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
· optional: 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat your oven to 350F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper, or a Silpat.
2. Combine all of the ingredients in a medium bowl, and mix until a thick batter is formed. If adding the dark chocolate chips, fold them in last.
3. Note: Because this batter is egg-free, feel free to taste-test it at this point, and adjust the flavors to your preference.
4. Using a tablespoon or cookie scoop, drop the batter onto the line baking sheet, and gently press each mound with a wet fork (to prevent sticking) to flatten.
5. Bake at 350F for 12-15 minutes, until the edges are golden.
6. Allow to cool completely before using a spatula to remove from the baking sheet. Serve immediately, or for a firmer cookie, chill before serving.
For longer shelf life, and a firmer cookie, we prefer to store these in the freezer and serve them frozen!
Going to give this a try on Friday