Looking at the tipi's I've painted

We live across the way from a cattail basin, got to love a good bunch of cattails 


Crow on the door with my jumping mice.   

 Sandhill cranes that fly over the house twice a year,

this is at the base of the tipi.
 I do like coyotes and here is one in the middle of  the back of the tipi. This was Jan 2015 

Early Spring  I have some cedar chips down there to make it smell nice. this tipi was a few years old and I had to clean it before I painted it...I got it in 2013 I think...and painted in 2015.


tipi poles and prayer flags...during the down time 


 Jan 2017 at Naperville Art League...I folded up the tables and layed out the tipi to trace the images with the stencils I made.
 Crawling around on my hands and knee...I was on sore persons afterwards.

 Paint was in the studio...small compared to the size of the tipi.. Had to use a weight to hold the canvas in place.
 I used lots of color for this one and had lots of feathers.

 Blue sky with lost of clouds..
 Door with the crow on it of course.
 Finished door
I do miss this one...the lay out was good and well it didn't weather well...the decaying of the material went fast...I don't understand but we had a very humid warm season.

Had to put up new rope last Year 

 Prepared the tipi for travel to Mayslake to lay out and stencil the images on.

 Mayslake, stretch out the tipi...took me about 5 hours or less to do this.
 New and old colors for past years...House paint was used.

 Using photo's of my stacking rocks that I created in Door County Wisconsin..

 A variety of stencils were made of the Stacking rocks.


 Painted a Blue heron on the back with a bison too.
 Painted in my one daughters old room.

 Sand Hill Cranes were painted on but bigger then the last time.
 The base is a light periwinkle...I was really attracted to that color.

 From the back Yard look toward the house.

 Peeking through the patio section at the tipi...

Randy took a picture of Hank, Gracie and I from the studio deck.

 Fresh photos from this afternoon.
 Inside you can see, I've got to get some light in there for the evening drumming session soon.

 Look at the sky behind with the blue peek through the clouds...awesome.  And the storm bells there ringing today...we have some wind kicking up.

 You can see the sandhill cranes and the stacking rocks with the coyotes and the jumping mice.

 Four crows for the four children we have.

 The Great blue Heron and the bison with the feathers.

A little different this year but I'm happy with it.  Project is done.   I was going to put it up without painting it but the husband said no you should paint it...  I would have to say out of the three the second one I liked best...but the all have special mean painted into them.

Comments

  1. Just beautiful, Laura! What a lovely labor of love. I appreciate the history of this project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank Carol... crazy right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a labor of love. The designs you used are so meaningful. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You might feel that you cannot overcome the burden of so Many Tasks, and you just need to quit.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for support, interest and viewing my inner life with my outer life on this Blog. Wishing you many creative blessings and peace to you and yours,
~v~Laura

Popular Posts