Keen Eye and bold Heart


So the one response without color and in the gray scale was that it has a eerie feeling. Taking it personal, no....the spiritual feeling was amazingly surprising when I encounter the hawk some may think eerie...not this girl.  I had wanted to work on it this weekend more so because of the emotional attachment with the moment that can fade so fast....how do you hang on to it....?  keep having a ground hogs day with the experience I guess.  The moment brought to me to  
Awareness
Signals in Life
Higher Perspective
Keen eye and bold heart
Intuitive-true meaning
Sense of balance

My personality over the years has revealed itself in so many odd ways and well something to admit is I'm a highly sensitive, emotional feeling kind of person with an introverted-ness.  I make decision on how I feel but I have to be aware and look for higher perspective...and there are time when I shoot from the hip and make a real mess of things. The fall is a time for me to do my introspective work...Mindfulness-it has always been.  It's a time to circle over head...

So I seek guidance from many books and a Great Spirit in my life, God, Good Orderly Direction...etc, depends on the day and it's OK we have an agreement that way. 



I see this every morning but from that chair behind the coffee cup looking out.  As I gather another cup to sit down and read more I had to take a picture of my inspiration in the dark morning hours before all wake up. 

Questions to ask myself...where have I shut down my powers of observation on some level?  The parts of life that have become too painful to feel, to unbelievable to hear and took dark to see, it is time to examine the point at which you chose to let yourself become emotionally involved and to no longer be the observer. When you allow your emotions to override your perceptions the message from Hawk cannot penetrate the chaos and confusion. (just a reactive fool is all)  This is from Jamie Sams-Medicine Cards book. continued...At this point, you are asked to be mindful of the honest observer's neutral position, which allows the message to be intuitively and clearly understood, without emotion and coloring the true meaning...some may say, "What?" but this is where I find guidance...being I'm an emotional junkie and been hijacked by my feelings over and over.  Here's the keen eye part.....Emotional coloring is a tendency of Hawk medicine people when they are Off-Balance.   Their emotions cloud their vision and lead to a crash landing...Oh my gosh...I'm a cycle'r of this behavior. And here's the kicker....the boldness of heart, The EGO, can clip the wings and leave Hawk grounded, believing the winged messenger has not understood her medicine.  Goofy as this all sounds...I get it. This all started when Gracie and I were walking in the woods last week and the Hawk flow from the tree downward over my head and then flew upward out of sight. 

Some guidelines to thinking about as I continue this full time whole living life of discovery. 
To open up to the powers of observation
Not to tell others how to think or behave
To take care of your own emotional baggage before you begin receiving omens, visions, and messages
To remember that all gifts are equal in the eyes of the Great Spirit. 



This dark picture is an area in my life that I have to have a keen eye and bold heart.  Yesterday, I felt I was read to view my little exercise guide book in real form...asked my oldest daughter, graphic artists and creative maker too,  how to or what to do next and she noodle around on the printer settings and I was able to print one side and flip the paper around and print the back side and with my long arm stapler stapled this mock up book together. 

It was so awesome to see it in this form...but oh I've got some work to do....Layout alignment and some rewriting of things. I'm excited to be at this stage of the process.  I started in May of this year and it may take till next May to complete it...I just keep showing up and writing the "S%it " rough draft. As Anne Lamont says....It's an experience that my ego doesn't want to be in...and fights...but I'm not listening to it. 


I have this on my studio wall...and I can't say how true this is for me.  If I didn't have art..or embrace the creative maker in myself...I would surely be the walking wounded...Like my art and now life....what's the favorite part....the one I'm working on now! 



Drawn to read this book again....from the book-It's a journey that uncovers the joy, creativity, and empowerment of imperfection through a simple and ancient way of looking at life: the way of Wabi Sabi. From the commonsense insights of Wabi Sabi, we learn that it's not despite our problems but because of them that our hearts hold everything we need to be joyful. We come to see that where we want to go in life is forever found right where we are...

My rock this morning says....I am here.. 
There's a sign for you! 



Comments

  1. Wow! Very deep.
    I have taken 2 of your workshops which I have enjoyed and learned some techniques from. I usually paint in oil, pastel or acrylic. I feel like I am searching, but never get there. When "things" ,life-are too emotional, I shut down emotionally. I have not really created anything since end of April! Starting to feel like I am getting ready??? Thank you for sharing your beautiful art and words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gloria, work thought Gloria, make some mess art, get you body and soul back in there...show up...keep showing up and you will get through and realize you've grown as a person and artist. But we have to be willing to begin again and make that child like art...and it may get mess but let it be with a playful heart. as life it's a process and so is making art!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for support, interest and viewing my inner life with my outer life on this Blog. Wishing you many creative blessings and peace to you and yours,
~v~Laura

Popular Posts