Saying Yes


Bernie my youngest daughter asked the night before if I would like to go to the Zoo with her and I wasn't sure and responded with "maybe."  I woke up and saw the temperature was going to be about 81 and less humid the idea of going horseback riding came.  I called and found out there a 2 hour ride was scheduled for 1:00 in the afternoon. I was so excited to find out I had to go wake her up and see if she wanted to do this. And she said Yes...so we planned our morning and she packed us a light snack/lunch of hard boiled eggs, fresh green beans, carrots and an apple...water and we were set to go.

Meredith a young gal that runs the place is so down to earth, I enjoyed the 1 hour ride there so much I told her I would be back and not even a full month and here we are.  Better then the zoo and we really had a great trail ride. Through the creek many times up and down the hills, switchbacks and the Forest Preserve located close to the stable.  We are in the middle of the Fox River...on a low spot that the horse can cross and come then we returned back up the hill and headed back in. It was a good day..My horse, Mr Jackson...is the bully of the bunch but never wants to lead...as most of the horse take there turn at leading but not Mr. Jackson, too funny.  They keep the muzzle screens on them so the don't stop and eat..but that didn't stop Mr. Jackson from grabbing a few whole corn stalks to bring back with him.  And I heard of Horse flies but never saw one...Oh my gosh there the size of a Locust. We were to watch for them...they do bite and the horse don't like that.

So what a good day it was, we picked up some corn and a watermelon to go with our pork chops for dinner. 

Comments

  1. Fabulous for you and Bernie! What a great picture too. You look so happy because you are in your element; the woods. That's where I need to go to fill the well at the end of the first week of school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honor that calling....Spent a good hour there yesterday...

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for support, interest and viewing my inner life with my outer life on this Blog. Wishing you many creative blessings and peace to you and yours,
~v~Laura

Popular Posts