Prayer Flags done...

 So I've been working with my Artist Way Class and we are invited to take part in a 100 Year Celebrations at Mayslake Peabody Estate...more details are coming on this but right now we are making prayer flags.. For the life of me I was stumbling and getting a bit frustrated that I wasn't creating anything with some heart and passion in it.  So I've been really trying to put into practice by going to bed asking for help and waking up and seeking some sort of guidance and direction.


I had some cranes already left over from painting the tipi so I made a stencil out of sheet of plastic and as you can see it's already painted up. The Original Prayer Flags were printed too.

                           The blog this image if from has some nice stuff to learn about them...

I also cut out the cattails and off I went with my trusty sponge roller and acrylic paints. What's wild to me is as I was making them I was thinking of the cycle they make every year heading up north. I check with my parents around that time to see if they made it up there and then in fall I check with my friend Lorraine to see if she's seen them come by heading southern areas...both dear people I care about and then the song Cranes Wife came on by the Decemberist on my Ipod some synchronicity or what?

Now to go to bed and ask how they should be displayed because there are about 7 of us making 6 each or more of them. I was going to get white clothes line and thread them on and sew them to there spot so they stay in place and not slide all over and bunch up but after that I'm not sure what to do.

                                  A bit of a Flashback at LaGrange Art League a few years ago...

Comments

  1. Lookin' good! Anxious to see them all done and hanging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too Teresa...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for support, interest and viewing my inner life with my outer life on this Blog. Wishing you many creative blessings and peace to you and yours,
~v~Laura

Popular Posts