Continuing the journey of Introspective work-Hope

From The Gifts of Imperfection....
Hope...is not an emotion; it's a way of thinking of a cognitive process.  Emotions play a supporting role, but home is really a thought process made up of what is a trilogy of goals, pathways, and agency. In very simple terms, hope happens when
     We have a the ability to set realistic goals (I know where I want to go).
    
      We are able to figure out how to achieve those goals, including the ability to stay flexible and develop alternative routes ( I know how to get there, I'm persistent, and I can tolerate disappointment and try again.

       We believe in ourselves (I can do this!)

So hope is a combination of setting goals, having the tenacity and perseverance to pursue the, and believing in our abilities..


I read this this morning after spilling out 8 pages in my journal...some days are like that...kind gets bottled up and all the stuff comes out and there's this cleansing and clarity...that's way for me the continued spewing of nonsenses leads to good sense...

She goes on to say...Brene' Brown... Children most often learn hope from their parents. For children hopefulness needs relationships that are characterized by boundaries, consistency, and support. It's empowering to know that I have the ability she said, to teach my children how to hope.  It's not a crapshoot. Its a conscious choice..

So grateful that with out knowing it this was instilled in our children because we had in out from our parents or picked up some of it along the way on our growing up.. there is still the perseverance that needs work in all of us to not give up so quickly and to believe in ourselves a bit more then throwing it all up for grabs right away...hang in there a bit long though it may not feels so good it will pass the ucky feelings of not getting it the first, second and third time but you will get it...and with great success. 


Comments

Popular Posts