A daily dose of collage creativity, in images, words and thoughts. Always remember, "Everything will be alright in the end...if it is not alright it must not be the End"

Thursday, November 10, 2016

My First Collage, New Classes for New Year


Today I'm closing down a 6 week on line class of independent collage study with 5 students.  It's been an amazing journey.  It's brought me back to my first class and starting off with stuff I've saved for what reason I didn't know but it was saved.  The class was called Keepsake Collage, my instructor and I have to say mentor was JoAnn Deck, who has since passed on.


 JoAnn's Work which I have a picture of her holding this piece smiling big hanging on my wall next to where I work.
JoAnn Deck  

I remember starting off in and it felt good to be away from the family and with people that could hold a conversation with me.  I know I had troubles with that but in no time warmed up was an adult again. It felt good to be sitting in a room of other similar people seeking creative time to self express. 

The class was only 4 weeks long but it started something in me that I didn't realize till that time I was meant to do it...I didn't give up and kept it up with many ups and downs and days I wanted to quiet and get a regular job...which at this point of doing it for 21 years I have out worked another job and seem to only now this.  Gluing papers, some hand made and some re-purposed and trusting in judgment and spirit about what needs to be expressed or said.  

Still working with papers, paints and other mixed media tools and Gem's of the trade I have two classes coming up to Start off  the New Year.  Take a look at them and see if this might a totally new way to look at a new year.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and viewing my collage chatter, many creative blessings and peace to you and yours
~v~Laura