Been cracking the whip on myself

I've been checking things off the list and working hard to prepare for the Red Dot-Studio Flip Sale....I hate to say sale but that's what it is...and everyone by now is probably tired of hearing me talk about it...  I know I wish I was past it already but I'm not...actually just getting ready to move on through it.   I'm sitting in a good place with out even knowing it...The event isn't till Sept 12th and all things are red dotted so to say. Postcards got sent out, signage is in the process of being printed, checking out place for on-line submission of events so I can send out my flyer.   Now I can spend time with the yard, clean my fish tank which no one will see but the poor things need to have clean water and my house plants need a good fall boost of extra energy as they head in to the cooler months. I also now have time to prepare for my fall classes and possible workshops coming up. Silly that I think this way but I get a bit anal and break things down daily before and this way I'm not so overwhelmed with so much to do.  I think I've learned this skill over my life time but mostly from creating art. The process and how you get through it...so many of us human being hate to be in this..we all want McService and have it done now and done right. But life isn't learned that way or does she grow that way either...that's our will engrossed on her...well don't get me started...I'll just go on rambling on...and on...

What seems to be the best medicine and what I'm hearing intuitive for myself at this point is getting back into my spiritual rhythmic self. The only way it so feed myself with a dose of the woods my own walking/granny running pace and then it sounds so crazy but get into the homestead...I was just writing about the expanding and contracting that goes on in my morning pages. It's all part of life we take risks, reach out and step out of the comfort zone and then see what that is all about and then we contract, or go back home to a safe place and contemplate it all and then the next time for expansions we understand and can trust one area that was new before and continue to reach and grow more in another area.  Life and living life is oh so awesome and so scary at times, but it is a gift given to us...What are you going to do with your gift today...Mine day has been guided with a little mantra from a rock that says " Stand for Something"  I'm being drawn to stand for living a good full life.  Off to do just that today.

 An Added prayer and thoughts for the loved ones in my life... from White Bison...
Elder's Meditation of the Day - August 30
"I started drinking more seriously, seeking refuge, seeking death actually, from a world that was feeling more and more unnatural to me. Following a painful accident related to drinking, I finally realized that I must decide whether I want to follow my grandparents or truly take up this life. Circumstances that followed led me to choose life."
-- Barney Bush, SHAWNEE
My life is run by choices and decisions. Every choice I make today will carry with it the consequences of that choice. Every decision I make today will carry with it the consequences of that decision. The question I will ask myself today is, "Do I want to be happy or do I want to be right?" Which ever one I choose will have a lot to do with the consequences I will experience today. If today was the last day of my life, what choices and what decisions would I make?
Oh Great Spirit, guide my path today and help me see the value of choosing the Red Road.

Comments

Popular Posts