Stumble upon or was it purposefully guided ?

 



This past Sunday I went to the woods, I've not chosen to go for whatever reason but this Sunday I knew I was past and over due for a good energy bath of Forest. The trees in their sizes and shapes. Looking up at them brings a much needed perspective of life and my well being. 

I've been working in my little Brown Bag Art Journal for a few months. My workshop had low enrollment and I had to cancel with Naperville Art League.  But maybe at another time it will go. 

I leave the whole art journal laying out and open so when I segments of time I can jump in and let it dry. 

This morning I was checking to see about something else on YouTube and there this sweet face caught my attention and I watched the video below.  Her passion and the place she lives is a dream and so peaceful. How special, though I don't have a forest right out my door I do have many trees and within a short driving distance I can be in a beautiful forest.  I know after I was there in the forest for two hours, Gracie and I, later that day I was still feeling the effects of the time.  I was actually in a bit of high...could talk well and just want to be in solitude and ponder the whole experience.  Like I didn't want to rush through it and savor it. A soulful taste and a blessing it was. 

               

I have played around with my leaves....on the journal and I know cut some more out from the geli printed papers and going glue them down on top of all the other things I did to the back of the accordion spread.  
  • I glue strips of the papers down the middle
  • Used a mark making tool and watered down acrylic black paint, made my marks. 
  • Did a bit stenciling with a anniversary card cut out of a leaves in green because of all the green I seen. 
  • Did some writing of thoughts
  • White washed around the leaves and other sections, pushing back all those things I just listed. 
  • Made a new stencil and cut out leaves from the papers I had left and glued them down. 
  • Not sure what is next....more will always be revealed. 
Here is the video I created the other day about this.... 


               


Just glued the cut out leaves down....


Comments

  1. Anonymous1:42 PM

    what a beautiful video the Rewilding a forest is. Wonderful

    ReplyDelete

  2. Thank you, I totally agree on the Rewilding a forest.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for support, interest and viewing my inner life with my outer life on this Blog. Wishing you many creative blessings and peace to you and yours,
~v~Laura

Popular Posts