American Linden Seeds, Basswoods

photo of the seed,
image transfers in gray scale
Workstation paper cut up strips
lost the seed effect but brought it back with the stamping 


destroyed a cheap pen so I could have the ringlet stamp this size. 


A color that I've been attracted to for a long time and use it often. 

Big Rock Pass 
8 x 8 Collage on Watercolor paper

 Audio Content 


Materials Used: Brown-Stained tissue paper, Brown Kraft paper from my workstation, book pages, image transfer of basswood seeds, black painted and printed strips on deli paper, Kraft paper crinkled with gesso and acrylic paints, Stabilo pencils, stamping of ringlets with cheap pen, acrylic glazing and UV Satin Varnish.

 Meaning behind the art: Yesterday Nature was an inspiration from the Gooseneck Loosestrife growing wildly wonderful to the wonder in the Am. Linden Basswood seed.  I took pictures of them to use for image transfers later.  I set up my approach or composition three different times with my papers and I decided to break it down and photo the steps and take that process and let the end results be what they may.  All the while making conscience design choice.  Playful with the black and white stripped paper.  I’ve been working with that for a while, and I do enjoy it.  The old book pages share a story and what keeps peeking through about a river. 

The one piece of Workstation paper looked to me like a large rock.   The color brown was speaking to me as a grounding of mind and heart.

 Newsletter-Tack Down Tuesday Rare Birds 


Comments

Popular Posts