Good Drama and Good Orderly Direction


Changes are always upon us, our spring is coming early, even the sandhill cranes are migrating end of February and March.  I change my view on my vision board every two month new focus.  The little bird is at the top of the mound of books, our little granddaughter is looking out at us, the donkey is also looking out and the hand holds the continue symbol of life.  The cycles circling upon itself in a Moon shell.  The back ground is a fun stitchery of fibers.  Hand stitching it great, I do love to do it.  

The saying that I clipped out of a magazine caught my eye.  "What is not is the same as what is." I put that in there because I honest thought it would be a good contemplative thing to focus on.  What I'm gathering is the balancing out of things or equalizing.  I think there's a Zen or Buddhist saying like this.  I will be seeking a deeper meaning about this I'm sure it will come. 

Mean while....this is what happened this past few days. 


With the old 1950 Chevy there is much she needs. Let's say the sky was shinning on my husband and his creative project.  The truck on the tow truck has some major parts for the rebuild under the hood lets say.  We do look like we are ready for a farm and hauling things of sorts.   I can't believe but I can that this is happening.   We have nothing to loose, and everything to gain.   

In the meantime I have learned that I have 16 students signed up for my workshop at Dillman's this May and I had to make a wait list.  Oh my Stars!   So excited, along with the weather changing I also feel like I'm behind on things.  No seeds started yet, no yard clean as you can see with the front flower bed....but it's just the first week of March right?  Change is always upon us and always happening.  

Because things take a bit longer to manifest around here...I start early to prepare.  I got a list for the yard things to do and a List for the art things to do and it's a job to keep the list items checked off.  

While the new/old trucks are coming in the Husband is also trying to finish up the trim work in the living room area, then I will be painting around the inside windows.   His mother is moved into her bedroom that makes it easy for her to get to the bathroom and kitchen.  Major bright lighting for the little sight she has left...All good and grateful...though challenging and rich.  





Class started last Thursday, Strengthen your Design.  It's a Collage sketch class at it's basic to learn about composition. I had them a bit in a dither about measuring and making their own view finder but we all walked out of the class with one and we're on a good path to continue.  It's hard to do simple and see things again.  To observe in a way that will also offer you many choices for later use in your art.  


I even opened my collage sketchbook to do some practicing on the compositions.  Mine never look like the view I picked.  And I tell my students nor should it.  The concept to make choices and change things up a bit allow for a new view and voice to stand out.  And for you as the artist to see there isn't one way that you can always add a bit of you in there to make it exciting.  

Lots going on and with good orderly direction, Thankful.  




 

Comments

Popular Posts