Who are your influenced by as a creative




Fred Otnes 

A while back I heard of Fred Ottes from Jonathan Talbot. He said,  "I should check him out."  And then I won a book as an award in an exhibit I was in.  Thought it was bit of good orderly direction there. 

What I underlined was this statement,  " Otnes himself approached collage as a means of creating an image that solved a problem." He was an illustrator too.  I loved his work especially the one with the background and very interesting textures.  Viewing artwork a bit long then just a few seconds revealed these textures I really enjoy. 






Jaime's work are image of the plant world...not all but if you look at website you can see. What I like about her work every time I see it on social media, is the play of illusion and that aspect left on our visual palettes.   Her work invites the imagination and allows you to see something and not quite what you think but its so pleasing.  I think it clicks into past images in my mind and heart of what was seen before, a bit blurred and makes them so relatable. 

So why would I share this today you might ask?  

"I had regained Control" 
8 x 8 
Collage on watercolor paper
Remembering my youth, shading and shadowing, reflecting and resting in thought. 
Daydreaming








 

Comments

Popular Posts