Manner of a Creature



A gift to myself, fun Leg warmers and with the snow we've been having I get to wear a pair for the morning walk. 

Click on the button



How the day starts to unfold, completing early morning walk, a whole lot of Hooting going here. It is the season for "hootin-nanny to go on though." 

The home is still quiet, I sneak in a TDT session early today. 


Picking papers, 

Tacking them down, glazing....


Drawing medium next and if I want image transfers what will them be? Colors of Fall, earthy and rich. 

Close up, repeated squares I draw in...a while back I did that to another TDT and I remembered I liked it and add them back in with the patterns already visible. 
* TDT-Tack Down Tuesday


Images of the photographic leaves I have taken and printed on the laser copier are now fused on. Letting them cool before I take the paper backing off with water.  


"Art Drama Oh My!" darn spray bottle quits working, to the recycling bin it went.  Grabbed a spare.


Leaf images taken by my own camera and printed from my laser color printer. I wet the back and rub off the paper. Coat with Gloss. 


Fun objects for printing shapes Lego's  and the blue color was also thought about but not chosen to be part of this collage.  




#010824 TDT, "Manner of a Creature " 8 x 8 piece of collage art with a 2” white mat. wall.

 Materials Used: 140 lb. watercolor paper, gloss medium, Stained tissue paper, Nevr Dull magazine resist, Old book pages from Picture Maker book, back side of drawing paper, Kraft paper with textured gesso and acrylics, Leaf image transfers, drawing medium-Stabilo and printed object-legos, UV satin acrylic varnish coat.

 Meaning behind the art: Got myself ready for a good walk early, put on my new leg warmer which flashed me back to my past and made me feel good, walking through the woods etc.  As Gracie and I finished up our walk the pair of Great Horn Owls were in the large cottonwood hooting away at each other.  I stopped to take a photo of them and a video, but the video didn’t work.  They flew down one by one and went right over our heads and into the other neighbor’s trees.  The experience stayed with me as I came to the studio and fall is my favorite season, though we are in Winter now.   Thinking about the creatures all around us and their behaviors, this is the mating season for the Great Horn Owls too.  


Tack Down Tuesday's edition continues-Manner of a Creature




 

Comments

Popular Posts