In the middle of it


Love from above,  

Found a home quickly in 2022

I created a few of the long tall vertical story telling pieces.  I like to create in a square or a very long vertical of sorts.  


After opening up on yesterdays post about where I am standing these days.  The correspondence I had with the contact person of a facility was scary and amazing all at the same time.  I have ideas that come to me and many of them I've brought to life through classes, workshop and artwork.  What happens is this, I get the idea...push away the inner nay-sayer and get the description wrote up submit and it's accepted.   Then I personal am treading in place under water so fast.  Thinking to myself now you have to pull this off.  Crazy as it sounds but I created something to be solved.  Does that make sense?   Well it does for me.  To be an a forward motion in life as of Living one's life being in the solution state or process is exciting.  Good drama I would say.  And most of the time I've not taught in the same place or even taught the class or workshop that's come to be.   So I've always wanted to have a gathering of women together and facilitate a day long retreat.  Actually longer but for what is manageable it would have to be only a day at a time one a month.    And this idea was met on the other end of submission with more excitement for all.   This is where when working on a piece of art and I'm in it not turning back without any knowledge of what it will be, I like it the best.  Now does that sound crazy or what?  

I'm in an arena where I stay open and seek guidance and listen, read and pray about how this will all work out.  Segments or inches of the next step are revealed and I hang on that questioning but doing.  The excitement of it all is where I like to be in my life, not in places that cause undo friction and chaos.  Was up early, morning pages turned fast this morning and good energy was felt as awareness and possibly was most present. 

Favorite response to someone asking you, "what's your favorite piece of artwork?"   Best answer is, " The one I'm working on now."  

No matter if its work on setting up a class/workshop or a piece of artwork beginning in the middle of it is my favorite place.  I've taken the risk to start and the momentum has gotten me to this point.  Next is to know there is not turning back and you've got to see this through.  It's not going to be easy, never is but so well worth the journey.  So much is learned from it all.  Could this be what keeps me coming back to be creative with my ideas and thought?   The seeing it through and the challenge, though I have to stay open because sometimes ideas go and build other ideas and detour you in a new direction.  

I sway in substrate sizes, a square or a long vertical and this also challenges the area of solving a creative situation.   As Robert Rausenberg would say, I do it till I'm bored or till I know it and then I move on.  

OK enough rambling of words and thoughts...on with the day. 




 

Comments

Popular Posts