Gift of Silence




 


Moving alone on the page we often find ourselves companioned by higher forces, by a stream of insights and inspirations that seem somehow "other" than our routine thinking. 

I've been doing the morning pages for 30 years, and I have the boxes in the antic to prove it.  I was using spiral notebooks till I learned how to make the Coptic stitch books. The no lines though were something I got use to and managed well.  Then I decided to put a line sheet in there so I just move it from page to page and lay it underneath.  

This morning I was able to really enjoy the gift of silence on the page and the stream of insight. The place where others don't have to see and I don't have worry about and the place where the word spill out and the wisdom seeps.  

Our wintertime allows for this gift of silence too if we allow it for ourselves.  

Comments

Popular Posts