Can We Heal?

 


Can we Heal? 
8 x 8 Collage on watercolor paper

Contemplate this truth today: 
We will go deeper in our Work if we are willing to know the truth about what is really occurring in us.

This is the stuff I personal love to do as contemplate the truth of the life that I'm living.  As so as I read this statement above I said to myself, "yes, this is what do enjoy working on and with others."  I look at it as spiritual growth that effects all of me.  Then the other side of this Gemini ask, I'm I narcissistic? 

I have to say there is a little bit in all of us but not to the extremes of a personality disorder.  Gosh I hope not.  I've heard as I add gray hairs and years to my life that any growth needs to start with ourselves or myself.  Be it energy change or personality, the perspective we carry with us needs to be able to expand and grow too.  

Now I have to put this in the post  

Narcissistic personality disorder involves a pattern of self-centered, arrogant thinking and behavior, a lack of empathy and consideration for other people, and an excessive need for admiration. Others often describe people with NPD as cocky, manipulative, selfish, patronizing, and demanding. (I've heard this about artist too.)

Now this is what I have to say after all that....Knowing myself and my personality as best I can over the years has been the place I pull my creative out of and bring for those to see with in my Collage art.  All creative just doesn't come for a box on a shelf it has to come from Us, human being and the situation with in us and outside of us.  Not Solely just us.  The seeking to understand our truths and making connections to things bigger and outside of ourselves is the difference and each person will have a different perspective.  

 I think the narcissistic behaviors  artist get blamed for stems from the solitude of work that they have to do and the personal choices that they are always making and the direction they themselves would like to be seen as not what the society sees us to be as.  

Over thinking sure and rambling in thoughts... 

Comments

Popular Posts