Dual Duty

This is image if from my class on line, Coptic Stitch Journals... Yes there is still 50% off all online Classes till December 20th 2023.  Personally I'm in the works of a new morning page journal and I make a coptic stitch journal for that.  What I also like to do is make a new big sheet of paper.  Between small forward steps with my Fox piece I'm thinking about the large sheet of paper to make. 

This sheet is on my work station table and I'm looking at that this morning with other papers and it might be time to pull this off and put on a new sheet.  I'm like the way the layers of the acrylic paint are showing up.  

This is the piece in process for another journal cover...not like it as much as when I started off with the color choices. Though this is such a great place to be.  It's like making ugly art.  And soon if I stick to it and play around more on the surface with other colors of acrylic paints, plus the splattering, stamping, stenciling I'm sure it will be totally different an likeable in the end.  That the path these larger sheets take. So the worry of ugly is just what I want to be so I can continue on the surface and have some fun covering up what I don't like...Heck it might be the whole sheet. 




The fox piece looks so separate from the side grid.  This is when I know what to do and that is the acrylic glazing and shadowing which being more depth to the shapes and subject matter.  At this point because I'm trusting in the process will not make any judgement calls on this piece just yet.  It's not at the ugly stage like the papers I made above but it's at a stage where more is going to be revealed. 
Such as life with the changes still in process.  




 

Comments

Popular Posts