Bread baking and being Baba


There have been many things that I've gotten myself involved in during this year.  And the common aspect is process and the time for it to take it's course.  Starting with an idea, putting the work...showing up for it, tending it and seeing with uncertain if it will even happen.  All small steps to the larger purpose of the end result.  The process of it all can take anyone of us on a journey of self-discovery. Sound a bit odd, well it's not.  When we want to learning something, which by the way we can at any age, new life enters in.  

My most resent self-discovery is the making of Sour dough starter.  Following what someone else has done with trail and error I ventured in.  Learning about using rye flours and how the rye is better for you and the sour dough is lower in gluten thing and better for our sugar levels if one is having a situation with diabetes. 

So the sour dough started was ready...still unsure what I was doing because mine didn't look just like the pictures on the printed recipe I was following.  I went any way and ventured in to making a loaf of bread.  I think you were to discard the 1/2 of the starter or make some pancakes with it...but I didn't because I'm all about giving it try and making my own bread.  

I learned that in a couple of more starter pull outs is what I will call it the natural yeast I've grown will make it rise better.  Our new son in law to be has come cooking and baking experience.  So part of the process with this all has been don't give up...keep it going, and keep it alive.  

I did make beef barley soup and the bread matched the density perfectly.  Warmed up the soup yesterday for my MIL for lunch and our Granddaughter was over,  Almost 8 months old some teeth and getting in to trying all kinds of soft mushy things.  I blended the beef barely soup in the blender as I would have when our children were little and she loved it.  Sent the rest home that was blended up with her mom and dad.   


This is not a photo I took of her yesterday it was from her mom in the morning as she was helping bake...hahaha. I have to share this about her. We made eye contact while she was her and connected like I've never felt before.  She was really looking into my eyes.   I was thinking she is really studying me, it was spiritual and whole.   Now I've not told anyone about this but I'm typing freely on the blog.  I did write about it in my morning pages.  

It was a special, creative, and spiritual kind of day.  

Now I have to see how my week works and what is the best day to continue the sour dough started and work it as a bread rising on the counter or making other things like pizza dough, pancakes or a cake too I read.  





 

Comments

Popular Posts