The Winds Turned Us


Photo of a Sweet Gum Leaf, with Gloss Medium to create a skin for the process of image transfering. 


Fused book pages that have been coated and now the white acrylic is gently applied in some areas. 

New iron being used, Oliso and safety release parchment sheet. Fusing the image on the surface reversed. 

Backside of the image transfers and I'm letting it cool down so I can moisten the back and rub off the paper to allow the image of the leaf to be revealed. 

processing more and laying out the collage before any shadow glazing is done.  I know when it's time to do this because it changes after and then it's easier for me to make a choice about what to do next to pull this composition together. 

close up image 


8 x 8 on watercolor paper 
Satin varnish coat applied and 
white mat will be added if any one would like to purchase. 


 

                                                     

Comments

  1. Hi, Telkom, Thank you for asking. Because where I live the season we are in and almost out of is Fall and the colors of the leaves are so beautiful. Though when you gather them from the ground they are in their state of decomposing. Hard to preserve the leaf. With technology I can take a photo then bring it to my computer and make it any size I need or want. And I save it in my files so if I need it later for other collage piece I can. Capture nature has always been the artistic inspiration I think.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for support, interest and viewing my inner life with my outer life on this Blog. Wishing you many creative blessings and peace to you and yours,
~v~Laura

Popular Posts