Self Portraits

A image of things that I'm attracted to and arranged in a way to create a self portrait. 


The Thinker,  Over thinking or just thinking on the rock of life.


Look Happy, created in a workshop up North of me some years ago. 



The Mystic, a bit of an illusion and present day in my life, the crow and creating. 


Again the pose of thinking or resting my head in my hands....Lonecrow4, sold right away after it was hung at Naperville Art League some years back 

Through Practice 
8 x 8 collage on watercolor paper, 
(always begin where you are in this present moment)

Self Portraits over the years I think there are a few more but this is what I found quick like. I've learned it's a good practice to check in our yourself as of Who am I, What am I and Where am I going,  kind of look in at.  From the slightest thing to the most tragic can send us sway way off course.  Over the years I've taking many looks at myself in my life.  Sounds a bit obsessives you might think?  But it not, it's more about making sense of my inner world and what's going on outside of it. By creating art the way that I do, (mind you nothing specially,) it allows me to learn how to process and make choice within the art and outside of it.  

This year I had intention of continued work on a house/home series, something about the shape of the square and the triangle on top that gets to my soul and it wells up. I know that not all home are shaped like this but its about the place and what grow from it and with in it.  

And lately I'm finding it hard to stay in the moment with the limited time and moment of distraction.  So having a place to focus at on and in with a series is something that I can steer towards when my life sways off course.   I can't be sure what will come of it but it's on my dry eraser board as something to check off. 

As I was creating this piece, I was able to find the place I hadn't visited in some time, the creative space and I was thinking about beginning where you are right now in the present moment. 

Off to get the newsletter ready for this week~ Tuesday Tidbits Newsletter April 25th 



 

Comments

Popular Posts