Morning Moments-Concertina Sketchbook

 

I come to the blog today, in waiting for the New Grandchild, still no little one yet.  All is good on health just not time yet for the birth.   This old women's face has been with my on my of my vision boards and this year I played up the whole Red Stripes too.  Walked around with in my day, only one soul asked about the red stripes and she was is a creative too.  Almost 62 and playing around in a made up world in my heart and head...but it keeps me imagining and that's what I find important.  So I created an image transfer of her and used it in the concertina sketchbook I'm working in now.  This will be a workshop I'll be teaching in WI at Dillman's...I'm excited but also scared...and this is a feeling that I always get before a class or workshop...so no new territory here.  

My creative time is limited into small segments of time with Eldercare, just where it's at now and I steal way time in the early morning during the week when it's very quiet in the house.  I won't say when I woke up this morning...then I would look way to crazy to you all.  

               

At moments I was feeling sad and grieving my lost of freedom I had before but I also need to be honest with myself...each element, event and active offers us a opportunity to change and grow.  And with these last 5 months of eldercare I am lead to do these art journals.  I worked on a One Page/Sheet of paper that was folded into a  journal and taught a one day workshop...I really just had the ideas a while back and then weeks before teaching it I had to put it into action and be ready.  Heck much like I'm doing now for Dillman's.   This is a funny way to do it but it has me hands deep in the process of creating which I find really helpful.  I am experience what My student would feel or question as they work through things...Experience is gold when you can relate and share right?  

The segment of the concertina sketchbook is roughly 7 ft long....hmmm my long tails journey piece is 7 ft long...what with the 7? I'll have to check in with that one later. 


On the floor of the upstairs studio...stretched out to 7 feet. The Concertina Sketchbook is only a 6 x 6 size with the insides about 5.5 by 7 with a pull tab to open the accordion section up. 



Comments

Popular Posts