Making an Art Journal

After working the whole page, with gesso and some India Ink and a feather tool with a few splatters and water.  This is folded in a very interesting way.  Front cover, I was working on it this morning. These journals are a wonderful way to explore and allow the marks to direct the show. Learning to work with what is presented in front of you.  A good challenge to art up to I think. 

I worked on this one first before the cover,  And allow it to unfold in a fashion of placement of color and shapes. When opening the two pages for them I look at it as the whole and they call it a spread.  


The way the pages open up in this one page art journal has me flipping up the page working in a vertical fashion.  Good challenge there too. 

This will be the Third spread of all these section...a bit more going on before I even start, right?  Well not to get ahead of myself I still want to work in the vertical one first...caring theme of color and shapes through the Art Journal, though one doesn't have to do that you can make each page different. I personal do that as an assignment which becomes a crazy limits things...setting myself up for a situation to be solved and some artistic challenges. 

Three is still time to sign up for this One Day Workshop at Darien Park District,  March 28th.  I'll be there with supplies and ready to continue my Art Journal with you.  This workshop is going.  9:30-3:30 all day bring a lunch too. 

Here is a video I made about how far I've come in this Journal 
 

Comments

Popular Posts