Hands....the love of working with your hands


What would I do with I could work with my hands?  I honest don't want to go there or find out.  Needing another Morning Page Journal I bring these papers to the surface of a some recycled boards.  The white paper is a paper grocery bag covered with gesso and gloss medium and so is the nice dark brown paper.  The striped paper is tissue paper and the solid blue is drawing paper.  All papers I had laying around. 

 Yesterday afternoon I was in a funk. I was focused in an area that really I don't need to be and let's say I get a attitude of wanting something a certain way...and loose all sight of life and my reality.  This isn't  terrible thing but it happens and it carried on into this morning.  I brought it to the page and let it out.  The ugliness and allowed it.  What I'm learning is pushing things away doesn't make the go away.  Acknowledging the feelings, for me it's all of them the good, bad, ugly.  What I'm learning over the years and even more so is the importance of that and how I can grow and expand with new understanding. Suppressing angry or denying it isn't helpful. 

Then I'm guided  along to these words....Make peace with your discomfort, and you don't need to approve of it-only to allow it to be.  Then I read, If you accept all of your emotions, the things that you tried to hide from no longer have power over you.  Learning to balance emotion out is a process and being able to "spill the beans on the page," is part of my process and a way to see what is discomforting me and it most often is how someone isn't doing what I think they should be doing.  And I have swayed way over to the other side of things and not taken care of myself in the best way. I am not what happens to me.  Connections with lack of self care and inventorying someone else behavior...creates some emotions that are self hurting.  

The connection with all our emotions leads to a deeper understanding of myself.  Allowing me to practice more open heart kind of living.  

Lets say I was seeing Red and now I'm seeing Red from a different perspective.  Because am choosing to work with the East and my emotions, facing the light, of the new day and beginning again.  

and for the heck of it....I googled this. 

To oppress means to keep (someone) down by unjust force or authority. 
To repress is (1) to hold back, or (2) to put down by force. 
Suppress, which is broader and more common than the other two, means (1) to put an end to, (2) to inhibit, and (3) to keep from being revealed.

Back around to the Morning page Journal,  I went back to the surface this morning and altered it more and added more energy lines and shades of the blue with the ochre color. Some shadowing and shading. I'm happy with it and will be stitching it together probably tonight.  

Comments

Popular Posts