Preparing for the Shower


I've decided to have a Grandmothers name of Baba. I might have blogged about this a while back.  Tomorrow is the baby shower and we have no idea what the baby gender will be.  Mama to be knows but no one else and she's doing a good job at not letting us all know.  Baby dad doesn't want to know till the baby is born.  How sweet and so old school. We will have two of the Great Grandmothers here and the third my mom won't be able to make it at this time but we will take lots of pictures and send some her way.  I did make her a name tag too to send in a box with photo's.  

When I met Randy my husband I looked at him and said I could grow old with this man and be a grandparents together some day.  And soon....very soon in mid-April we will be that and after that point I know nothing of the future I only for seen to this point. 

I picked Baba because of the Bohemian and Polish nationality that is strong running through both sides of the family and my husband's Great Grandmother was Baba, who is since past many, many years ago. To keep the tradition of the names I though with all the grandmothers around I would shine with Baba since it is our daughter having the little one.  Now for my Husband I could pick a name for him but I will not do that as He will have to do that for himself.  

I'm sure this feeling is felt by many grandmothers, the feeling of witness the cycle of life and the next generations coming round.  This is for sure bigger then any of us in person.  

Naming  ourselves and our young ones....Here is an interesting aspect to from our Native American's. Naming Tradition 

 We've not heard any names yet for a boy or a girl but I'm sure tomorrow there will be some talk....hahaha and some great wise guessing of the gender of the baby by how our Daughter carries the baby...Me I'm praying for the health of both, doesn't matter, just delight and over joyed to be witnessing this all.   

Comments

  1. Anonymous7:55 PM

    My boys grandmother was Baba, short for Babicka, a word a 2 year old cannot say. Czech. congratulations!…

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for support, interest and viewing my inner life with my outer life on this Blog. Wishing you many creative blessings and peace to you and yours,
~v~Laura

Popular Posts