Messages, the journey of us all


I've always stayed open to awareness and messages as guidance in my daily life. Spiritually I enjoy the openness of the insight I receive from any given day. I truly stay Intune with my intuition.  My oldest daughter sensed my need and gave me her used book, The Compassion Book, Pema Chodron.  Things come to us when we most need them. Grateful for her awareness.   

I'm not in the thought process of blaming at this point, more so in the place of Holding Space for the Family members and my Mother in law.  I am careful about the amount of holding so I don't get too tired, I take breaks, breath deeply and stop when it's too overwhelming.  Anyways, I share~  

In the book there called LoJong Slogans, 

#12 Drive all blame into one.

Commentary

This is advice on how to work with your fellow beings. Everyone is looking for someone to blame and therefore aggression and neurosis keep expanding. Instead, pause and look at what's happening with you. When you hold on so tightly to your view of what they did, you get hooked. Your own self-righteousness causes you to get all worked up and to suffer. So work on cooling that reactivity rather than escalating it. This approach reduces suffering - yours and everyone else's.

I read this after my morning page session and was in awe.  You know these things but in the moment when you are ready the teacher appears, Right?  I'm not blaming anyone, at least I really don't think so. 
I've read and heard this statement many times.  Let it begin with me. 

So with my full moon reading I'm in awe at the message there,  

It is ok to accept help, it is ok to release control, it is ok to allow yourself to receive all the support, guidance, and love that you need. Of course, sometimes life brings us circumstances where we have no choice but to put in the hard work and get things done, but this card reassures us that help is around as long as we are open to accepting it. Help can come in unusual ways, it could be a chance encounter with someone, a billboard message that seems to resonate, a vivid dream, or reading a particular message that just seems to hit the spot. Sometimes, however, we have to be a little more active in our approach and ask questions or let others know what we are going through. People generally want to help, so find the courage to ask, find the courage to share your story, and see what insights it provides.

Without pity,  acceptance has laid us to place our graceful head upon the present moment and move forward.  My Mother in law-MIL is living with us and navigating this all works, as I've been in this territory of life just three months ago. But entering into it was traumatic for us all and we were affected in all realms of our being, spiritually, emotionally, physically and mentally. People offered help but we didn't even know what we were doing at the time.  Now we have a better understanding. And She/MIL is past the major part of sickness but still considered legally blind, diabetic, with stage 3/4 renal failure. 

As we all know, adding something into your life when you can't see where it will lead and wasn't in your plans can send us all wanting to jump ship or run away.  The journey will be challenging and it will be enlightening for us all as we witness so closely the end of an elders life.  Now she's not dying but she has some major elements that can sway way to one side or not. 

Help is coming in the way of a spiritual director visiting, 
Home health care coming in to see her and tend to the body's needs. 
Doctor on board with the palliative care. 
Myself getting hired as a home aide.  I'm doing this job already, but now I can get paid for it. 
Social workers/ case managers.  

As I shared in another blog entry,  it takes a village to raise a child and it takes a village to hold space for an elder and their needs. 

Accepting 
Full moon Reading again, 
Sometimes, as challenging as it is, you need to accept that this is where you are in your life. Even if you don't want to be where you currently stand, bringing acceptance to that can instill a sense of peace. Not being where you want to be is ok. It is perfectly fine to feel that you are not where you should be. Even though really, on the highest of spiritual levels, we are always where we need to be. It is ok if it doesn't feel that way, especially to our human selves! Accepting that this is where you are and this is where your life is can feel a little defeating, but sit with that. Sit with that feeling until it transforms. And then watch as it becomes easier to let go, release control, and eventually, make changes. Remember, accepting where you are is not about failure. Accepting is about bringing peace into your heart and mind. It is about honoring that this is where you are in the season of your life. And like all seasons, things eventually change. You will feel that change and that transition in perfect timing, but for now, your job is to accept and open your arms to this chapter of your life. 

When one shares their story of moving into the caregiving realm, the stories shared are not so kind and sometimes hurtful, though others share a beauty of the humans that need someone to help them in a time of need when they can't anymore.   We move through the cycles, birth, youth, adult, elder and we revert back to the beginning cycle of infancy with the riches of wisdom and knowledge.  The journey of us all. 


 

Comments

Popular Posts