Today's Agenda



By Alice Walker
I understood at a very early age that in nature, I felt everything I should feel in church but never did.
Walking in the woods, I felt in touch with the universe and with the spirit of the universe.




I have many drums, not all painted but a few that are. Made them a few years back, had them soaking in the unity tub over night. I felt called to make another one this week and to prepare I have the hide soaking in the cold water over night.  The soaking allows for the hide to stretch then when dried it will allow the sound to be made with the strike of the drum stick. 
I have a few of the 10" hides and when picking them out of I was attracted to the dark colors on the surface, the natural look.  Crossing fingers and hoping it will work today. 


Comments

Popular Posts