A Greater Something, what is that?




A concept of something larger then self....

What is that for you? 

In Julia Cameron's latest book she shared about the concept of a God, Good Orderly Direction...about Dylan Thomas Poem. She brought it up in the first book of hers, Artist Way and the Last one about Seeking Wisdom. 

I am working the Artist Way again...and will continue to work probably to my dying day.  Funny thing about work the 12 week sections of the book, I've grown in different ways. And I seem to be on the verge of another growth spurt as they say.    The Eldercare role has me scrabbling some days to keep that Creative Spark, Spirit and Sanity alive.   

Religion never worked for me... but nature has.  The elements of wind, water, earth and fire.  (I'm a closet Firestarter or tender, got to have my burn pile.)  

Any ways where I'm at as a creative soul at 61 years of age....coming out of a short empty nest period to Eldercare.   The Owls were letting me know for some time about the Transformation that we were about to enter into.  

The spirit of the trees, from the pines to the cottonwoods their always sharing wisdom from the early aged of 7 walking through the grove out in the pasture at my grandfather farm to the cottonwoods next to our driveway in the first home I remember living in.   I watched them closely and how the leaves moved in the wind. So different each of them, the pine swishing sound to the rustling of the big heart shape leaves.   

There is this essence that has carried itself all through my life.  The concept of an image, might have been forced upon us, you know that one image is for you.   But I've always known with out knowing that there was more then one image.  And it changes over time. 

Rambles on a deeper level that will some how come truer though the creative works yet to come. 


Comments

Popular Posts