Less is More


 I share this Collage, mixed media piece, Balancing Act, I really have fond memories creating it.  A sharp graphite pencil that releases it's pigment on the slick surface is always great. The intense marks made off the edges of the papers. Dare I say an emotional thrill ride.  I have maps that I need to gesso up...the white altered surface is great to start with....Can I fit that into day...Goal!! 

Using the scrap papers on the larger white surface is inviting.  Less papers and more gestural lines. I can't remember if this one sold or not.  It's part of a Tack Down Tuesday edition. 

Got bills to make out, and shower day for our elder and then a ride back to her house for a phone call to her son that is in prison and can only call her house phone and she can talk with him.  Service work for a blind elder...


From Week 3 AW, 

The act of making art exposes a society to itself. Art brings things to light. It illuminates us. It sheds light on our lingering  darkness. It casts a beam into the heart of our own darkness and says, "See" 

Comments

Popular Posts