Working with Shapes

A few good Ideas....as I wake this morning I'm having to carry this ideas about what will I teach at a place and how will the description fit the supply list too with out sounding like a bunch of words not connecting.  


I remember this piece I create a while back.  All Tack Down Tuesday. This one was a spillage of emotion.  Abandonment to Release.   Abandonment is an emotion that people have done something in there life and had to leave you, sometimes never coming back. Possibly Orphaned with a whole baggage of other emotions, thoughts and attitudes.  Release is a letting go of something both can have their struggles to understand. 




I do love this piece, It sold awhile back...Be the Vision, I know I was newly playing with purple and in this piece iris colors.  I was also playing around with how things are layered and what gets pushed back and what stands out.  Illusion work. 




 I do like this one a lot, Breeding Anxiety which I feel over the last few years this has been our fester of life. We are now looking at aftermaths of Mental health and it's in our fore front while more anxiety is being breed each day.  I have to admit there are flashes of Doom's Day for us all.  I don't like to admit that but that would be denial and well we all know that's not a river in Egypt.   

I've been not watching the news or having the newspaper delivered to the house, I see things a bit on social media and the small amount of people I encounter through out my days.  I have no degree in sensitivity but the body and energy from people is not good.  

I'm very grateful I have art to turn to from overload of feelings, thoughts and responses, because voicing opinions should be Ok, there just personal thoughts but it's been a world were over sway of opinion have been giving and wow! is all I have to say...Our Government has run a muck for so long how is this every going to get fixed or become more manageable.  I put that out there as a asking prayer.  Staying open to listen is all...and creating art as a way to understand.  

from 2015... this is the meaning behind this piece then, 

I honesty have to say I didn’t know what I was doing with this piece. But that I reacted to every action I could, from the feelings coming from the inside or how a piece of paper was placed. I felt that I wanted to not look back and just put the creative process in action, going with whatever was coming to the surface.  Then I read the piece of magazine paper after it was finished and the words “Breeding and Anxious” revealed themselves and the next thought was Breeding Anxiety. 

“How many times do we breed our own anxiety? Was the question that followed next.   


"Art Points to the big questions and to the human condition. When the artist and viewer connect through this shared experience, it brings them closer to compassion form themselves and others. When I feel despair or some other emotion, and that comes through in my art, I can relate to all humans who have felt despair. The more we can see art as a means form collectively understanding each other, the closer we are to being in pure awareness and love."   Heather Neilson 


From my favorite artist, 

"The artist's Job is to be the witness to his time in History." Robert Rauschenberg 


These quotes came from a deck of card, Navigating self-care and the care of others, Through Art.  Orly Avineri. 

Comments

Popular Posts